Friday, November 20, 2009

Debt situation and unemployment

As you can see on the right side, I have student loan debt and car loan. I've just paid my car loan for this month which is $655. It is alot. I have little bit of rainy day fund but not alot (around $5K). I am definetly counting on my unemployment check to survive. Yesterday I checked with EDD, their automated system said check for $950 was mailed out on 19th. I should probably get it either Saturday or Monday.
As far as my student loans go, I want to keep paying which is around $700 per month.
$700 student loans
$655 car loans
total $1,355
EDD check $1,800 monthly
I need to live on $500 per month.....but HOW?

2 comments:

WellHeeled said...

Can you contact your lenders and notify them about your job situation? I know that student loans should be able to get deferred when you're unemployed - unfortunately the interest will probably keep accruing.

LAL said...

I assume I can but because the interest will keep accruing, I dont want to really stop paying. :( i hate student loans and I want them to be out of my life asap..

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails