Thursday, November 12, 2009

Finally First Unemployment Check Arrived

Today I received my first unemployment check $475. It only covers 1 week. Some reason EDD doesn't pay for the first week of unemployment instead they start paying from the second week. The checks are suppose to arrive weekly for 52 weeks. Well, hopefully I'm going to find a job before then. It all started Oct 20th...I got laid off and applied for unemployment Oct 24th. Filled out the online form and pushed submit. Waiting period has started..On November 2nd I received a letter from EDD explaining my weekly benefit amount and claim form. I completed the form and mailed it on Nov 3rd. Today is Nov 12th and my check finally arrived. After long 23 days later. In the mean time, bills are coming! No one is waiting for 23 days to send a bill right? They dont know, they dont care. All they want to get paid. Fair. If we didnt have my husband's salary, I don't know what we would do. Now, the first check arrived with another claim form which I need to mail out tomorrow. I am just hoping that this time it is not going to take them so long to mail my check.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails